Practical Android Projects
Authors: Greyling, Pieter, Jordan, Lucas
- A very timely book on cool and interesting Android App projects, using the latest Android SDK 3.
- Code-rich case studies show how flexible Android really is - from cool games, fun social networking Apps to practical, productive Apps like inventory management.
- Andoid continues to grow and evolve as a hot tech market and evolving strong book market; and Android SDK 3 will be available near the end of 2010.
Buy this book
- eBook n/a
- ISBN 978-1-4302-3244-5
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Softcover n/a
- ISBN 978-1-4302-3243-8
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- About this book
Take a practical approach to becoming a leading-edge Android developer, learning by example while combining the many technologies needed to create a successful, up-to-date web app.
Practical Android Projects introduces the Android software development kit and development tools of the trade, and then dives into building cool-looking and fun apps that put Android's amazing capabilities to work. Android is the powerful, full-featured, open source mobile platform that powers phones like Google Nexus, Motorola Droid, Samsung Galaxy S, and a variety of HTC phones and tablet computers.
- About the authors
Lucas L. Jordan is a lifelong computer enthusiast and has worked for many years as a Java developer, focusing on user interface. He has previously written JavaFX Special Effects: Taking Java RIA to the Extreme with Animation, Multimedia, and Game Elements. Lucas is interested in mobile application development in its many forms.
Table of contents (11 chapters)
Development Tools in Practice
Roll Your Own Android Scripting Environment
Embedding Lua in Android Applications
Introducing SL4A: The Scripting Layer for Android
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Practical Android Projects
- Pieter Greyling
- Lucas Jordan
- Copyright Holder
- Pieter Greyling and Lucas Jordan
- eBook ISBN
- Softcover ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages