The Definitive Guide to Grails
Authors: Rocher, Graeme
- The first and only definitive book on the open source lightweight Grails (analogous to Ruby on Rails) Framework
- Written by the open source Grails project lead</P>
- Attracts support from key open source lightweight projects like Spring
Buy this book
- eBook $29.99
price for USA (gross)
- ISBN 978-1-4302-0359-9
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format:
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
Reviewed and endorsed by Guillaume Laforge and Dierk Koenig of Groovy, The Definitive Guide to Grails by Grails lead Graeme Rocher is for anyone looking for a more agile approach to web development with a dynamic scripting language such as Groovy. It will show you the new direction web frameworks are taking and specifically how a dynamic scripting language like Groovy can be harnessed on the JavaTM platform for productive Grails development.
This book takes you through the Grails development life cycle, including its project infrastructure, screen generation, full automatic object mapping to relational database systems, and a flexible, easy-to-use web layer. This book also demonstrates how Grails complements Java web development. Topics include creating domain classes in the Java platform while still accessing advanced features like dynamic persistent methods, using Grails controllers to call business logic written in the Java specification, and testing your Java application logic using Grails test cases.
- The author tackles new issues like writing web applications with dynamic languages, an agile approach, Ajax, and more.
- The Java platform has always been about choice, and this book demonstrates how you can use select aspects of Grails that you choose.
- The book makes up for the current lack of solid Groovy documentation.
- About the authors
Graeme Rocher is an experienced software engineer, consultant and dynamic language expert. Graeme is project lead of the open source Grails web application framework (Grails.org) and author of The Definitive Guide to Grails. In Graeme's role as head of Grails development at SpringSource, the professional open source services company behind the Spring framework, Graeme leads the development of the Grails web framework and provides consulting, training and support to SpringSource's clients. Graeme is a frequent speaker at industry conferences on subjects related to Groovy, Grails and dynamic languages in Java. Prior to joining SpringSource Graeme co-founded G2One the Groovy/Grails Company which was later acquired by SpringSource.
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- The Definitive Guide to Grails
- Graeme Rocher
- Copyright Holder
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XXII, 384