Endoscopy 2006 - Update and Live Demonstration
Editors: Fockens, P., Rösch, T., Schulz, H.-J., #picäk, J. (Eds.)
- Interdisciplinary symposium bringing together basic science and clinical applications
- Up-to-date research findings at the highest scientific level
Buy this book
- Hardcover $289.00
price for USA
- ISBN 978-1-4020-9147-6
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- Online orders shipping within 2-3 days.
- About this book
- This book, the proceedings of Falk Symposium 152 "Endoscopy 2006 – Update and Live Demonstration", held in Berlin, Germany, 4--5 May 2006 as part of the Intestinal Disease Meeting, provides an update on the entire spectrum of gastrointestinal endoscopy and its interface with gastroenterology as well as other disciplines. Endoscopy plays a pivotal role in gastroenterology and, vice versa, is crucially dependent on new developments and inventions in gastroenterology and basic sciences as well as technical progress.
- The first section deals with the most relevant new technologies including conventional and novel endoscopic imaging as well as new developments in therapeutic gastrointestinal endoscopy, pancreatobiliary endoscopy and ultrasound. The second part highlights the role of endoscopy in special areas, e.g. inflammatory bowel syndrome or pediatrics. Therapeutic endoscopy of biliary and pancreatic diseases is often difficult and involves risks. The third section contains papers on hilar tumors and chronic pancreatitis.
Prevention and adequate management of complications is the topic of the final section. It is important to maintain high standards in interventional endoscopy. Complications can arise when patients are sedated, which is mostly the routine in daily endoscopic practice; during dilatation of gastrointestinal strictures perforations can occur or endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography may result in post-interventional pancreatitis.
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Endoscopy 2006 - Update and Live Demonstration
- P. Fockens
- T. Rösch
- H.-J. Schulz
- J. #picäk
- Series Title
- Falk Symposium
- Series Volume
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Hardcover ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XII, 128