Digital VLSI Design with Verilog
A Textbook from Silicon Valley Technical Institute
Authors: Williams, John
- Covers the entire verilog language
- Includes a multiple-lab project in development of a large serialization device
- Uses simulation examples to teach the writing of code for correct netlist synthesis
- Shows the use of assertions for the verilog and design-for-test methodology for the hardware
Buy this book
- eBook $119.00
price for USA (gross)
- ISBN 978-1-4020-8446-1
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
This unique textbook is structured as a step-by-step course of study along the lines of a VLSI IC design project.
In a nominal schedule of 12 weeks, two days and about 10 hours per week, the entire verilog language is presented, from the basics to everything necessary for synthesis of an entire 70,000 transistor, full-duplex serializer - deserializer, including synthesizable PLLs.
Digital VLSI Design With Verilog is all an engineer needs for in-depth understanding of the verilog language: Syntax, synthesis semantics, simulation, and test. For a reader with access to appropriate electronic design tools, all solutions can be developed, simulated, and synthesized as described in the book.
A partial list of design topics includes design partitioning, hierarchy decomposition, safe coding styles, back-annotation, wrapper modules, concurrency, race conditions, assertion-based verification, clock synchronization, and design for test.
Coverage of specific devices includes basic discussion and exercises on flip-flops, latches, combinational logic, muxes, counters, shift-registers, decoders, state machines, memories (including parity and ECC), FIFOs, and PLLs. Verilog specify blocks, with their path delays and timing checks, also are covered.
Table of contents (24 chapters)
Week 1 Class 1
Week 1 Class 2
Week 2 Class 1
Week 2 Class 2
Week 3 Class 1
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Digital VLSI Design with Verilog
- Book Subtitle
- A Textbook from Silicon Valley Technical Institute
- John Williams
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XXIV, 436