People, Population Change and Policies
Lessons from the Population Policy Acceptance Study
Editors: Höhn, Charlotte, Avramov, Dragana, Kotowka, Irena (Eds.)
- International comparative analysis of surveys on demographic change based on about 34000 interviews in 14 European countries
- Lessons drawn on what future demographic trends will bring and what will be the consequences for the family, children, equal opportunities and the ageing of the population
- Methodological guide for the analysis and the full database for the scientific community, students and other stakeholders is available in volume 2 on CD-Rom
Buy this book
- Special Cover Type $339.00
price for USA
- ISBN 978-1-4020-6690-0
- book with CD
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- Online orders shipping within 2-3 days.
- About this book
This two-volume work presents social cohesion and demographic challenges that are associated with low birth rates and population ageing. It does so from the perspective of citizens and key policy actors. The work analyses peoples’ attitudes about demographic trends and expectations towards private networks and public policies. It places these in the societal context of national specificities in the fourteen countries and regards them as part of the dynamics of the European integration process.
The book includes a CD-Rom with the methodological guidelines and the international database on about 34000 interviews conducted in Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Poland, Romania and Slovenia. This provides a unique opportunity for training and further analysis of national data.
This book is the outcome of the DIALOG research project, funded by the European Commission under the 5th Framework Programme.
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- People, Population Change and Policies
- Book Subtitle
- Lessons from the Population Policy Acceptance Study
- Charlotte Höhn
- Dragana Avramov
- Irena Kotowka
- Series Title
- European Studies of Population
- Series Volume
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Special Cover Type ISBN
- Series ISSN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages