Landmark Trials in Diabetes
A Cardiovascular Perspective
Authors: Fisher, Miles
- This book will focus on landmark trials and studies, but in contrast to other books of trials where information has largely been presented in a list form it will include a short commentary and key points from the author, who is an international expert in this area.
- In addition to the main study results it will also describe significant other publications from the study.
- Each clinical trial will be summarised with a consistent format comprising acronym, study full title, full reference (authors, title, journal), subjects, methods and study design, intervention, primary and secondary outcomes, follow-up period, results, commentary, key points).
Buy this book
- ISBN 978-0-85729-796-9
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format:
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- About this book
This book elucidates the landmark trials in diabetes for cardiologists. Including studies performed on patients with diabetes or pre-diabetes, each chapter lists the key clinical trials, and includes a commentary and ‘take-home’ points on each trial. The first chapter lays down the foundations of clinical trials in diabetes, explaining the clinical issues specific to diabetes and trial design.