Executive Teams in Research-Based Spin-Off Companies
An Empirical Analysis of Executive Team Characteristics, Strategy, and Performance
2013, XVII, 296 p. 24 illus.
Springer eBooks may be purchased by end-customers only and are sold without copy protection (DRM free). Instead, all eBooks include personalized watermarks. This means you can read the Springer eBooks across numerous devices such as Laptops, eReaders, and tablets.
You can pay for Springer eBooks with Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal.
After the purchase you can directly download the eBook file or read it online in our Springer eBook Reader. Furthermore your eBook will be stored in your MySpringer account. So you can always re-download your eBooks.
Research-based spin-off companies are a special subgroup of new technology-based ventures and play an important role for innovation and economic development. Executive teams of academic spin-offs face several challenges in building up sustainable and profitable ventures, because they often lack managerial and entrepreneurial skills. Based on a quantitative analysis of 193 German spin-offs, Rigo Tietz examines the relationships between executive team characteristics, strategic decision-making, and firm performance.
· Literature Review of Research-Based Spin-Off Companies
· Theoretical Background of Entrepreneurship and Strategic Management
· Examined Links between Executive Characteristics, Strategic Decision-Making, and Performance
· Empirical Results and Discussion
· Researchers and students in the fields of entrepreneurship and strategic management
· Entrepreneurs and managers of academic spin-offs and technology-based ventures, policymakers and practitioners of start-up initiatives and technology transfer organisations
Dr. Rigo Tietz received his doctoral degree from the University of Technology Dresden under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Michael Schefczyk, Department of Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
Content Level »Research
Keywords »Entrepreneurial Orientation - Management Teams - Research-Based Spin-Off Companies - Strategic Decision Making - Strategic Entrepreneurship