Medicinal Chemistry Research is a journal for the prompt disclosure of novel experimental achievements in the many facets of drug design, drug discovery, and the elucidation of mechanisms of action of biologically active compounds. Articles are sought which emphasize research in chemical biological relationships, especially on: structure-activity relationships, investigations of biochemical and pharmacological targets of drug action, and correlations of structures with the mode of action of biologically active compounds. Studies will be welcomed that increase our understanding of biochemical interactions between drug molecules, ions, free radicals, and sterically important sections of macromolecular targets.
The journal will strive to publish short papers of approximately 8-10 pages within two months of acceptance. A rapid peer-reviewing system will be maintained by the Editors. In addition, occasional short "New Trends" articles will appear at the invitation of the Editors. These articles will be solicited from the leading researchers in all fields of medicinal chemistry.
Medicinal Chemistry Research is a Journal dedicated to medicinal plants and to bioactive natural products of plant origin. It publishes original contributions in seven major areas:
1. Synthesis of bioactive compounds
2. Docking, molecular modeling, QSAR, SAR, and computational studies of bioactive interactions
3. Characterization of active ingredients of medicinal plants/identification of bioactivity in plant extracts
4. Identification of targets and mechanism of activity of plant extracts
5. Chemistry and biochemistry of bioactive natural products of plant origin
6. Critical reviews of the historical, clinical and legal status of medicinal plants, and accounts on topical issues.
First published in 1991
1 volume per year, 12 issues per volume
Format: 15,5 x 23,5 cm
ISSN 1054-2523 (print)
ISSN 1554-8120 (electronic)