PHILOSOPHICAL STUDIES SERIES
For sparking new debates; for contributing substantially to existing significant debates
Excitingly, current philosophy is generating many original ideas and directions. Under the new editorial leadership of Stephen Hetherington, these will be initiated and explored by monographs and edited collections in the Philosophical Studies Series. Pursuing clearly identified themes, each book will combine precision and imagination, with fresh ideas being especially welcome. The series is entering its fourth decade of high quality publishing, while preserving its long-standing vision and reputation. The series is known for its originality, analytic rigour, and breadth of philosophical vision, characteristics inherited from Wilfrid Sellars and Keith Lehrer, who founded the series in 1974.
Founded by Wilfrid S. Sellars and Keith Lehrer
Luciano Floridi, University of Oxford, Oxford Internet Institute, United Kingdom
Senior Advisory Editor:
Keith Lehrer, University of Arizona, Tucson, U.S.A.
Stewart Cohen, Arizona State University, Tempe, U.S.A.
Board of Consulting Editors:
- Lynne Rudder Baker, University of Massachusetts at Amherst
- Radu Bogdan, Tulane University
- Marian David, University of Notre Dame
- John M. Fischer, University of California at Riverside
- Allan Gibbard, University of Michigan
- Denise Meyerson, Macquarie University
- François Recanati, Institut Jean-Nicod, EHESS, Paris
- Mark Sainsbury, University of Texas at Austin
- Barry Smith, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Nicholas D. Smith, Lewis & Clark College
- Linda Zagzebski, University of Oklahoma