The Book Series on Reliable & Sustainable Electric Power and Energy Systems Management intends to bring out the original research work of young researchers from academia, industry and government institutions pertaining to sustainable and reliable power and energy systems management. The issue of sustainable development has been at the forefront of discussions in academia, industry and government over the last several decades. These discussions and the various initiatives arising from them, however, have not managed to completely arrest the pace of unsustainable development, which is considered to have major impacts on global warming, climatic changes and natural disasters that are sweeping the world. The book series is planned to emphasize on modeling and analysis of reliable and sustainable electric power and energy systems.
The scope of the Book Series will be but not limited to:
• Energy consumption forecasting, modeling and analysis
• Modelling and analysis of renewable energy sources
• Simulation, modelling and analysis of optimal energy considering the market cost and environmental cost of fossil fuels
• Reliability modelling and analysis of conventional and hybrid energy systems
• Application of computational intelligence for devising regulatory and policy frameworks and implantation strategies for energy security
• Modelling, simulation and analysis of sustainability of energy supplies considering the cost and environmental impacts
• Energy efficiency improvement techniques and methods, their impacts on energy price and security
The following titles are proposed to initiate the Springer book series:
• Advanced expository books that extend and unify our understanding of particular areas in the field of reliable and sustainable power and energy systems
• Research monographs that make substantial contributions to reliable and sustainable electric power and energy systems.
• Handbooks that define the new state of the art in reliability and sustainability of electric power and energy systems. They will be entitled Recent Advances in (name of the area). Each handbook will be edited by a leading authority in the area who will organize a team of experts on various aspects of the topic to write individual chapters. A handbook may emphasize expository surveys or completely new advances (either research or applications) or a combination of both.