SpringerBriefs in Pharmacology and Toxicology present concise summaries of cutting-edge research and practical applications across a wide spectrum of fields. Featuring compact, authored volumes of 50 to 125 pages, the series covers a range of content from professional to academic. Typical topics might include:
• A timely report of state-of-the art analytical techniques
• A bridge between new research results published in journal articles and a contextual literature review
• A snapshot of a hot or emerging topic
• An in-depth case study or clinical example
• A presentation of core concepts that students must understand in order to make independent contributions
• Best practices or protocols to be followed
• A series of short case studies
SpringerBriefs in Pharmacology and Toxicology show case basic and translational research from a global author community. Briefs allow authors to present their ideas and readers to absorb them with minimal time investment, and will be published as part of Springer’s eBook collection, with millions of users worldwide. In addition, Briefs will be available for individual print and electronic purchase.
Briefs are characterized by fast, global electronic dissemination, standard publishing contracts, standardized manuscript preparation and formatting guidelines, and expedited production schedules. We aim for publication 8-12 weeks after acceptance.
Springer Briefs in a nutshell
Springer Briefs specifications vary depending on the title. In general, each Brief will have:
• 50 – 125 published pages, including all tables, figures, and references
• Softcover binding
• Copyright to remain in author’s name
• Versions in print, eBook, and MyCopy