Springer eBooks may be purchased by end-customers only and are sold without copy protection (DRM free). Instead, all eBooks include personalized watermarks. This means you can read the Springer eBooks across numerous devices such as Laptops, eReaders, and tablets.
You can pay for Springer eBooks with Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal.
After the purchase you can directly download the eBook file or read it online in our Springer eBook Reader. Furthermore your eBook will be stored in your MySpringer account. So you can always re-download your eBooks.
East/West Summit on the Holy Trinity Held in Moscow - A stellar cast from the Society of Christian Philosophers/West and the Russian Orthodox Church/East met to discuss the mystery of God as three in one. Theologians and philosophers, typically rivals, synergized in their pursuit of truth and understanding regarding this central, unifying Christian belief, demonstrating respective strengths in marvellous complementary array. His holiness Alexei II, Patriarch of Moscow and all Russia extended greetings and Metropolitan Filaret of Minsk set the stage. History still has its shining moments. The next best thing to being there are the papers that were presented and polished for this volume.
Diagrams & Tables. Contributors. Preface.
1. Introduction; R. Swinburne.
2. Greeting; Alexei II.
3. The Revelation of God as Trinity; Metropolitan Filaret.
4. Modern Anglo-American Philosophy of Religion; R. Swinburne.
5. The Trinitarian Dilemma; D. Tuggy.
6. Perichoretic Monotheism; S.T. Davis.
7. Trinitarian Willing and Salvific Initiatives; M.Y. Stewart.
8. The Trinity and Personal Identity; P. Forrest.
9. Three Persons in One Being; P. van Inwagen.
10. The Elements of Triadology in the New Testament; Archimandrite Januariy (Ivliev).
11. The Trinitarian Teaching of St. Gregory Nazianzen; H. Alfeyev.
12. St. Augustine's Doctrine of the Trinity in the Light of Orthodox Triadology of the Fourth Century; A. Fokin.
13. Word and Trinity; E. Stump.
14. The Trinity and Natural Reason; C. Taliaferro.
15. The Holy Trinity and Non-Christian Triades; V. Shokhin.
16. The Dogma of the Trinity and Its Social-Political Implications; A. Kyrlezhev.
17. The Doctrine of the Holy Trinity in the Culture and Art of Ancient Russia; M. Gromov.
18. A Triadological Perspective of Church Mission in the Twenty-First Century; V. Fedorov.
19. The Holy Trinity: Paradigm of the Human Person; K. Ware.
20. Glossary of Terms.