Transplantation Research is an open access journal that publishes articles on a broad range of topics in the discipline of transplantation. The content of this journal is directed towards both basic scientists and clinicians in this field, with the aim of informing all transplantation researchers and those interested in transplantation.
Among the research topics included in Transplantation Research are:
- organ preservation
- ischemia-reperfusion injury and inflammation
- pharmacological/experimental immunosuppression
- immune recognition - regulation, and tolerance induction strategies
- stem cell research for tissue regeneration/repair and immune regulation
- early-stage clinical trials and clinical trial protocols
- innovative method protocols
- complications of transplantation, including graft dysfunction, tissue repair, infections and posttransplant malignancy
- biomarker investigation
- organ donation and other ethical issues
Types of transplantation primarily included are thoracic (heart and lung), abdominal (kidney, liver and pancreas) and tissue (islets, composite tissue).
Transplantation Research emphasizes the publication of experimental research and pilot clinical trials that introduce new ideas and concepts to the field of transplantation.
Transplantation Research is a forum for the quick release of cutting-edge experimental and clinical research in transplantation. Introduction of novel experimental concepts and early stage trial results are welcomed for publication and debate. As an open access online journal, Transplantation Research is in an optimal position to publish data and ideas with the least delay and with the widest possible dissemination.