Springer eBooks may be purchased by end-customers only and are sold without copy protection (DRM free). Instead, all eBooks include personalized watermarks. This means you can read the Springer eBooks across numerous devices such as Laptops, eReaders, and tablets.
You can pay for Springer eBooks with Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal.
After the purchase you can directly download the eBook file or read it online in our Springer eBook Reader. Furthermore your eBook will be stored in your MySpringer account. So you can always re-download your eBooks.
The dramatic increase in the prevalence of individual sleep disturbances, as well as in our knowledge of their mechanisms, has made urgent the need for a new and up-to-date physician's guide. With contributions from leading clinicians, Poceta'sand Mitler's Sleep Disorders satisfies this need by bringing together clear, concise, and practical advice on the diagnosis and treatment of the most common sleep disorders encountered in general practice. Not only do these highly experienced writers review such problems as obstructive sleep apnea, insomnia, circadian rhythm disorders, and narcolepsy, but also such important topics as pediatric sleep disorders, the pharmacology of sleep medicines, diagnostic testing and technology, and the use of bright light therapy in sleep disorders and depression. Throughout, the emphasis is on obtaining an accurate history from a patient with a sleep complaint, on carefully analyzing the available diagnostic techniques, and finally devising appropriate treatment strategies and their therapeutic regimens.
Sleep Disorders is written for clinicians, by clinicians. Its authoritative, up-to-date treatment, practical approach, and easy accessibility will make it the gold-standard guide for all primary care physicians desiring to better diagnose and treat their patients' sleep disorders.
1. Sleep Disorders in Primary Care, Patrick J. Strollo, Jr.
2. Insomnia, Milton K. Erman.
3. The Uses of Bright Light in an Office Practice, Daniel F. Kripke.
4. Restless Legs Syndrome and Nocturnal Myoclonus, J. Steven Poceta.
5. Narcolepsy and Excessive Daytime Sleepiness, Rafael Pelayo and Christian Guilleminault.
6. Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome, Kingman P. Strohl.
7. Pharmacology in Sleep Medicine, Wallace B. Mendelson and Cosmo Caruso.
8. Common Sleep Problems in Children, Ronald Dahl.
9. Sleep Disorders in Primary Care Practice, Richard D. Simon, Jr., Eric M. Ball, and
Jennings C. Falcon.
10. Sleep Medicine as Preventive Medicine, Stephen F. Johnson.