Geo-Marine Letters is an international peer-reviewed journal focussing on the rapid publication of concise original studies and reviews dealing with processes, products and techniques in marine geology, geophysics, and geochemistry. Coverage spans
- structural geology, including plate tectonics of recent active and passive margins
- sea-bed morphology, physiography and morphodynamics
- sediment transport, depositional processes and sedimentary facies analysis
- stratigraphy, basin analysis and paleoenvironmental reconstruction
- sea-level history, paleoproductivity, gas hydrates, salt domes and brines
- sediment-water interaction and organism-sediment relationships
- geochemical tracers, stable isotopes and authigenic mineral formation
- geotechnical properties and application of new geo-marine techniques, and more.
In addition to regular articles, reviews, discussion/reply articles and technical papers, Geo-Marine Letters welcomes contributions by guest editors in the form of conference/workshop proceedings, or bundles of papers dealing with specific themes.