Visual Prosthesis and Ophthalmic Devices: New Hope in Sight details the latest technology in treating eye injuries and infections. It provides insight into the most up-to-date and established treatment options. The volume focuses on what can currently be achieved with a variety of ocular prostheses as well as what the future holds. Coverage reviews issues such as intraocular lens implants, biocompatibility of materials, retinal implants, testing models, and software designs. With chapters written by leading experts, Visual Prosthesis and Ophthalmic Devices: New Hope in Sight is a comprehensive reference for ophthalmologists, neurologists, and anyone interested in the most recent advances in visual prosthetics and ophthalmic devises.
Visual Prosthetics and Ophthalmic Devices: New Hope in Sight
J Tombran-Tink, CJ Barnstable and J F Rizzo III (eds)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Introduction to Prosthetic retinas
Chader Gerald J.
2. Spatial - Temporal- and Contrast-Resolutions Obtainable with Retina-Implants
3. How to restore reading with visual prosthesis?
4. Subretinal Artificial Silicon RetinaÍ (ASRÍ) Microchip Implantation in Retinitis Pigmentosa
5. Development of an Intraocular Retinal Prosthesis to Benefit the Visually Impaired
Liu Wentai, Sivaprakasam Mohanasankar, Wang Guoxing, Zhou Mingcui,. Weiland James D, Humayun Mark S.
6. Development of a Visual Prosthesis: A Review of the Field and a Snapshot of the Boston Retinal Implant Project
Rizzo III Joseph F., Snebold Laura, Kenney Monica
7. Minimal Invasive Retinal Implants (miRI) Project
8. A Retinal Implant System Based on Flexible Polymer Microelectrode Array for Electrical Stimulation
Seo Jongmo, Zhou Jingai, Kim Euitae, Koo Kyo-in, Ye Jang Hee, Kim Sung June,
Chung Hum, Dan Cho Dong-Il, Goo Yong Sook, Yu Young Suk
9. Electrode Architecture: Meeting the Challenge of the Retina-Electronic Interface
Johnson Lee J., Scribner Dean A.
10. Circuit designs that model the properties of the outer and inner retina
Zaghloul Kareem A., Boahen Kwabena
11. Visual Cortex and Extraocular Retinal Stimulation with Surface Electrode Arrays
Morley John W., Chowdhury Vivek, Coroneo Minas T.
12. Glaucoma Drainage Devices: Advances in Design and Surgical Techniques
Cullen Cheryl L.
13. The efficacy and safety of glaucoma drainage devices
Chew Paul, Wang Jenn-Chyuan
14. Pellucid Marginal Corneal Degeneration
Alió Jorge L., ShabayekMohamed H., Artola Alberto, El Saftawy Hany
15. Artisan Toric Lens Implantation for Correction of Postkeratoplasty Astigmatism
Nuijts Rud, Tahzib Nayyirih T.
16. Phakic Intraocular Lenses for the treatment of high myopia
Kalyvianaki Maria I., Kymionis George D., Pallikaris Ioannis G.
17. A Telescope Prosthetic Device for Patients with End-Stage AMD
Hudson Henry L.
18. The use of intracorneal ring segments for keratoconus