Springer eBooks may be purchased by end-customers only and are sold without copy protection (DRM free). Instead, all eBooks include personalized watermarks. This means you can read the Springer eBooks across numerous devices such as Laptops, eReaders, and tablets.
You can pay for Springer eBooks with Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal.
After the purchase you can directly download the eBook file or read it online in our Springer eBook Reader. Furthermore your eBook will be stored in your MySpringer account. So you can always re-download your eBooks.
Addresses physical, mental and cultural needs of refugees
One of the first books to address refugee health for clinicians
Refugees arriving in the U.S. are required to undergo medical screening soon after arrival and also need ongoing health care. Medical examination of refugees differs from routine patient evaluations in significant ways:
* They often come from countries with a disease epidemiology different from the U.S.
* They should be screened for communicable diseases upon arrival
* The prevalence of mental health disorders in refugees is high
* Medical and psychiatric conditions of refugees are affected by past trauma and current acculturation difficulties
* Significant cultural barriers can arise in the accurate evaluation and treatment of refugees.
Physicians receive very little training in refugee health. Refugee Health Care is a practical guide providing concise information for busy practitioners. This concise textbook reviews common conditions seen in refugees and some of the recommendations in the book apply to all immigrants. It will be a valuable resource for primary care physicians, psychiatrists, pediatricians, women’s health providers and any health care practitioner who treats refugees.