This concise, truncated version of Parekattil and Agarwal's Male Infertility: Contemporary Clinical Approaches, Andrology, ART & Antioxidants is the first resource dedicated solely to clinical issues of infertility. With select chapters that will prove invaluable to the reproductive medicine clinician, Male Infertility for the Clinician addresses issues like:
- Diagnosis and management of male infertility conditions such as varicocele, ejaculatory duct obstruction and congenital epididymal obstruction
- New approaches to Klinefelter's syndrome
- A concise structured approach to the genetics of male infertility
- Management of cancer patients (oncofertility) and ethical considerations in special male infertility circumstances
- New advances in biomaterials for reconstruction and new robotic-assisted microsurgical techniques
Practical for clinicians and researchers alike, Male Infertility for the Clinician contains all of the need-to-know information about these cutting-edge topics in reproductive medicine.
Content Level »Professional/practitioner
Keywords »antioxidants - infertility - male infertility - sperm preservation
Part I: Clinical Diagnosis of Male Infertility.- Causes of Male Infertility.- Laboratory Evaluation for Male Infertility.- Imaging Modalities in the Management of Male Infertility.- Genetic Aspects of Male Infertility.- Ejaculatory Dysfunction and Vasodynamics.- Impact of Spinal Cord Injury.- Part II: Clinical Management of Male Infertility.- Endocrinopathies.- Surgical Treatment for Male Infertility.- Microsurgery for Male Infertility: The AIIMS Experience.- Advanced Techniques in Vasoepididymostomy.- Grafting Techniques for Vasectomy Reversal.- Mini-Incision Vasectomy Reversal Using the No-Scalpel Vasectomy Instruments and Principles.- Robotic Microsurgery for Male Infertility and Chronic Orchialgia.- Robot-Assisted Vasectomy Reversal.- Robotic-Assisted Varicocelectomy.- Ethical Dimensions of Urology: Four Case Studies.- Management of Fertility in Male Cancer Patients.- Novel Approaches in the Management of Klinefelter Syndrome.- Micro-Testicular Sperm Extraction.- Best Practice Guidelines for the Use of Antioxidants.- Harmful Effects of Antioxidant Therapy.