Atlas of Ultrasound-Guided Procedures in Interventional Pain Management
Narouze, Samer N. (Ed.)
2011, XXVIII, 372p. 465 illus., 350 illus. in color.
Springer eBooks may be purchased by end-customers only and are sold without copy protection (DRM free). Instead, all eBooks include personalized watermarks. This means you can read the Springer eBooks across numerous devices such as Laptops, eReaders, and tablets.
You can pay for Springer eBooks with Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal.
After the purchase you can directly download the eBook file or read it online in our Springer eBook Reader. Furthermore your eBook will be stored in your MySpringer account. So you can always re-download your eBooks.
Offers comprehensive coverage of the rapidly expanding field of ultrasound-guided pain medicine (USPM)
Written by world’s leading experts
Profusely illustrated with 465 figures (350 in full color)
Step-by-step coverage of procedures
Covers US-guided pain blocks in acute perioperative and chronic pain clinic settings Includes section on US-guided musculoskeletal applications
Atlas of Ultrasound-Guided Procedures in Interventional Pain Management is the first book devoted to the new, rapidly expanding field of ultrasound-guided pain medicine (USPM). It is aimed at physicians who manage acute and chronic pain syndromes who are beginning to use US-guided pain procedures and would like to shorten their learning curve. Among the target groups are pain physicians, anesthesiologists, physiatrists, rheumatologists, neurologists, orthopedists, sports medicine physicians, spine specialists, and interventional radiologists.
· Step-by-step guidance from the world’s leading USPM experts in their area of subspecialty expertise
· Coverage of acute perioperative pain, chronic pain clinic settings, and MSK applications
· Sections on spine injections; abdominal and pelvic blocks; peripheral nerve blocks and
continuous catheters; and MSK ultrasound
• Tips for improving needle visibility under US (e.g., choosing and applying the transducer; introducing the needle; and confirming appropriate needle placement)
• Essentials of US knobology
· Sonoanatomy relevant to peripheral nerve blocks, muscle and joint injections