This archival peer-reviewed monthly publication focuses on the latest research in all aspects of physical metallurgy and materials science. MMTA
- Emphasizes the relationships among processing, structure, and properties of materials.
- Publishes critically reviewed, original research deemed to be of archival significance.
- Concerns the main topics of alloy phases; transformations; transport phenomena; mechanical behavior; physical chemistry; environment; welding & joining; surface treatment; electronic, magnetic & optical material; solidification; materials processing; composite materials; biomaterials; and light metals.
MMTA publishes five types of manuscripts:
- Technical Publications: manuscripts representing completed original work embodying the results of extensive field, plant, laboratory, or theoretical investigation, or new interpretations of existing problems. Critical information about experimental conditions must be included so that the work can be verified by other scientists.
- Communications: shorter manuscripts (about 2500 words of text) containing theoretical or experimental work of immediate current interests whose authors desire more rapid publication.
- Symposia: original, high-quality manuscripts from a meeting program with a common theme which the organizers feel would benefit from concurrent publication. (Prior approval of publication of symposia is required from the Editorial Office and the Joint Commission of MMT.) Symposia papers will be peer-reviewed in the normal review process.
- Discussions/Replies: manuscripts which discuss previously published Technical Publications or Communications. These should contribute to the original article by providing confirmation or additional interpretation. Discussions are referred to the original authors for reply. Both the discussion and reply will be published concurrently when possible.
- Critical Review papers: The Editors solicit critical review papers which are Technical Publications presenting an overview of the current state-of-the-art research on a particular subject.
Questions concerning subscriptions to this publication should be addressed to Springer at
Thank you for supporting this publication.
TMS, 184 Thorn Hill Rd, Warrendale, PA 15086, USA
ASM International, 9639 Kinsman Rd., Materials Park, OH 44073, USA
Springer, 233 Spring St., New York, NY 10013, USA