Springer eBooks may be purchased by end-customers only and are sold without copy protection (DRM free). Instead, all eBooks include personalized watermarks. This means you can read the Springer eBooks across numerous devices such as Laptops, eReaders, and tablets.
You can pay for Springer eBooks with Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal.
After the purchase you can directly download the eBook file or read it online in our Springer eBook Reader. Furthermore your eBook will be stored in your MySpringer account. So you can always re-download your eBooks.
For the first time experts in the area of signalling research with a focus on the ARF family have contributed to the production of a title devoted to ARF biology. A comprehensive phylogenetic analysis of the ARF family, tables of the ARF GEFs and ARF GAPs, and more than a dozen chapters describing them in detail are provided. The impact of the ARF proteins on widely diverse aspects of cell biology and cell signalling can be clearly seen from the activities described; including membrane traffic, lipid metabolism, receptor desensitization, mouse development, microtubule dynamics, and bacterial pathogenesis. Anyone interested in understanding the complexities of cell signalling and the integration of signalling networks will benefit from this volume.
Preface: The Arf Family; R.A. Kahn.
List of Contributors.
1. The Arf Family Tree; J.M. Logsdon Jr., R.A. Kahn.
2. The GDP/GTP Cycle of Proteins; S. Pasqualato, L. Renault, J. Cherfils.
3. Arf and Phospholipids; P.A. Randazzo, Zhongzhen Nie, J. Chefils.
4. The Sec7 Family of Arf Guanine Nucleotide Exchange Factors; C.L. Jackson.
5. Large Arf GEFs of the Golgi Complex; P. Melançon, Xinhua Zhao, T.K.R. Lasell.
6. BIG1 and BIG2: Brefeldin A-Inhibited Exchange Factors for Arfs; G. Pacheco-Rodriguez, J. Moss, M. Vaughan.
7. Arf GTPase-Activating Protein 1; D. Cassel.
8. GIT Proteins: Arf Gaps and Signaling Scaffolds; R. Schmalzigaug, R. Premont.
9. Paxillin-Associated Arf Gaps; H. Sabe.
10. Activation of Cholera Toxin and E. Coli Heat-Labile Enterotoxin (LT) by Arf; G. Pacheco-Rodriguez, N. Morinaga, M. Noda, J. Moss, M. Vaughan.
11. Phospholipase D, Arfaptins and Arfophilin; J.H. Exton.
12. Coat Proteins; A. Boman, T. Nilsson.
13. Heterotetrameric Coat Protein-Arf Interactions; M.L. Styers, V. Faundez.
14. Arf6; J.E. Casanova.
15. A Role for Arf6 in G Protein-Coupled Receptor Desensitization; M. Hunzicker-Dunn.
16. Arf-Like Proteins; A. Schürmann, H.-G. Joost.