The Journal of Comparative Physiology A welcomes original articles, short reviews, and short communications in the following fields:
- Neurobiology and neuroethology
- Sensory physiology and ecology
- Physiological and hormonal basis of behavior
- Communication, orientation, and locomotion
- Functional imaging and neuroanatomy
Contributions should add to our understanding of mechanisms and not be purely descriptive. The level of organization addressed may be organismic, cellular, or molecular.
Colour figures are free in print and online.