Springer eBooks may be purchased by end-customers only and are sold without copy protection (DRM free). Instead, all eBooks include personalized watermarks. This means you can read the Springer eBooks across numerous devices such as Laptops, eReaders, and tablets.
You can pay for Springer eBooks with Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal.
After the purchase you can directly download the eBook file or read it online in our Springer eBook Reader. Furthermore your eBook will be stored in your MySpringer account. So you can always re-download your eBooks.
Gives a modern approach to biology, cultivation and ecology of fungi
With a focus on the economic and medicinal potential of fungi
With contributions by an international board of experts
Edible ectomycorrhizal mushrooms (EEMMs) comprise more than 1000 species and are an important food and forest resource. In this volume of Soil Biology, internationally recognized scientists offer their most recent research findings on these beguiling fungi.
Topics covered include:
· Complex ecological interactions between plants, EEMMs, and soil organisms
· Comparative genomics, high-throughput sequencing and modern research tools
· Genetic selection of fungal strains and techniques for inoculating plants
· Economic and social considerations surrounding wild collected EEMMs
· Practical information concerning soil management and EEMM cultivation
The book will be a useful guide for anyone interested in soil ecology, forestry, or the genetics and cultivation of EEMMs, and provides an extensive knowledge base and inspirations for future studies on these ecologically and economically important fungi.
Content Level »Research
Keywords »Basidomycetes - Bio-accumulation of heavy metals - Soil food webs - Truffels