Guest-Edited Collections Policies
Announcement of New Policies for Guest-Edited Collections
The Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing is committed to upholding the highest standards of quality and integrity in the peer-review and publication of its articles. The recent incidences of so-called paper mills deliberately manipulating the editorial processes of Guest Edited issues are of grave concern to us. In response, we have put in place several new safeguards to protect the integrity of our peer-review process and publication record from these deliberate and malicious attempts, including :
- Appointing a new dedicated Editor of Guest Edited Issues to make final decisions on all Guest Edited Issue papers
- Reduced the overall number of accepted Guest Edited Issue proposals
- Put strict rules in place for the acceptance and workflows for unsolicited Guest Edited Issue proposals, incorporating in-depth due diligence on all proposing Guest Editors
- Formally communicated the danger of paper mills to all Editorial Board Members to increase understanding of these practices and sensitivity to potentially unethical content
- Repeated our commitment to COPE’s guidance on identifying systematic manipulation of the publication process
The Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing is proud of its record of publishing high quality and impactful research since its launch in 2010. We are dedicated to following the best practice guidance of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and ensuring that we continue to serve our community in the publication of important, ethical content in future.
Thank you for reading.
Publishing Director, Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing
On behalf of Springer and the AIHC Editorial Team