Write & submit with Overleaf
Use this cloud-based scientific authoring platform that allows seamless collaboration and effortless manuscript submission.
Open Choice: Your research. Your choice.
Open Choice allows you to publish open access in the majority of Springer’s subscription-based journals.
Open Choice benefits for you and your readers
• High visibility – All articles are made freely available online for everyone, immediately upon publication
• Easy compliance with open access mandates, as all articles are CC BY licensed
• The final article can be reused and immediately deposited in any repository
• Authors retain the copyright to their work
• Automatic export triggered to PubMed Central/Europe PubMed Central (PMC)
How can readers tell your articles are Open Choice?
When searching for your article on SpringerLink, readers will find them clearly marked as ‘open access’.
The copyright remains with you
If authors choose to publish open access with Springer Open Choice, the copyright remains with them.
The vast majority of Springer’s Open Choice eligible journals publish open access articles under the liberal Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY) license. The CC BY license permits unrestricted use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided appropriate credit is given to the original author(s) and the source, a link to the Creative Commons license is included, and it is indicated if any changes were made.
For a list of Open Choice eligible journals please refer to our list of journals.
A limited number of journals continue to use the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC) license, including those published under the Adis imprint.