BioMed Central is an STM (Science, Technology, Medicine) publisher of 260+ peer-reviewed open access journals. The portfolio of journals spans all areas of biology, biomedicine and medicine and inlcudes broad interest titles, such as BMC Biology and BMC Medicine, alongside specialist journals, such as Retrovirology and BMC Genomics. All original research articles published by BioMed Central are made freely accessible online immediately upon publication.
When publishing in a BioMed Central journal, authors and readers benefit from:
- High visibility thanks to unrestricted online access
- Easy compliance with open access mandates as all articles are CC BY licensed
- Retaining the copyright to your work
- Re-use and immediate deposit of final article version in any repository
- Citation tracking and inclusion in all major bibliographic databases
More about BioMed Central journals
- See which journals have Impact Factors
- Learn how to submit an article and read instructions for authors
- Hear about previous authors' experiences
- Discover our different journal types
BioMed Central's additional services
- Cases Database - Search, explore and discover medical case reports
- Current Controled Trials - Search, register and share clinical trial information
- Open Repository - Builds and maintains repositories for institutions
Open access membership program
Together with SpringerOpen we offer an open access membership program, which enables academic and research institutions, societies and funders to actively support open access by removing some or all of the financial cost (APC) from the individual author.
Authors at Member institutions can publish their work in any SpringerOpen and BioMed Central journal at a reduced rate or even no cost at all, and are entitled to a 15% discount on the publication fee when they publish a SpringerOpen book.
We currently have over 480 institutional open access membership agreements in more than 50 countries. Visit the BioMed Central website to find out whether your institution is a member.
If your institution is not an open access member, visit our open access funding page to find out how the open access publication charge can be covered.