eBooks @ your library
Available through SpringerLink’s IP-enabled eBook gateway, libraries and corporations can offer their patrons online access to research specific books from multiple locations, including local or remote access.
Our ever growing eBook collection consists of more than 174,000 titles, with more than 6000 new eBooks and Reference Works published each year.
- Springer eBooks brochure
- More information on Springer eBooks
- MyCopy flyer
- Read Springer eBooks on your mobile device
Promoting Springer eBooks at your library
Below you will find tools that we hope will help you promote Springer eBooks to library patrons, making them aware of the indispensable resources at their disposal.
Banner ads for each eBook subject collection
Below are ad banners for each eBook subject collection in different sizes. Just download the .zip file for the banner size you want and you'll have 12 banners, one for each subject. Use the banner ad for the eBook subject collection(s) you own to promote to your library users!
- eBook banner ads 120 x 600 (skyscraper) (zip, 418 kB)
- eBook banner ads 160 x 600 (wide skyscraper) (zip, 515 kB)
- eBook banner ads 300 x 250 (rectangle) (zip, 402 kB)
- eBook banner ads 468 x 60 (horizontal) (zip, 226 kB)
- eBook banner ads 728 x 90 (wide horizontal) (zip, 397 kB)
- Lecture Notes in Math 728x90 (gif, 23 kB)
- Lecture Notes in Math 300x250 (gif, 22 kB)
- Lecture Notes in Physics 728x90 (gif, 24 kB)
- Lecture Notes in Physics 300x250 (gif, 33 kB)
Banners in various languages
Find below the general Springer eBook Collection banner ad in the following languages.
- Arabic (zip, 48 kB)
- Chinese (zip, 49 kB)
- English (zip, 49 kB)
- French (zip, 50 kB)
- German (zip, 50 kB)
- Greek (zip, 50 kB)
- Italian (zip, 50 kB)
- Japanese (zip, 50 kB)
- Korean (zip, 50 kB)
- Norwegian (zip, 50 kB)
- Portuguese (zip, 51 kB)
- Russian (zip, 51 kB)
- Spanish (zip, 49 kB)
- Turkish (zip, 50 kB)
eBook email templates
Customize and share this email detailing your institution's eBook subscriptions with your library patrons! Begin by saving the appropriate file below, then copy and paste the entire email into a new message and customize as you wish.
- HTML eMail about eBooks & MyCopy to your users (doc, 145 kB)
- Text eMail about eBooks to your users (doc, 36 kB)
- Text eMail about eBooks & MyCopy to your users (doc, 38 kB)
- eBooks customizable press release (doc, 41 kB)
Information for library administrators
The SpringerLink administrator within your institution can download eBook usage statistics. If you need more information or a new username and password please contact email@example.com.
- Quick Reference Guide (pdf, 1.6 MB)
- 10 steps to implementing eBooks (pdf, 568 kB)
- The End User Experience white paper (pdf, 1.5 MB)
- Costs and Benefits to Academic and Research Librarians white paper (pdf, 371 kB)
- eBook librarian FAQ (pdf, 52 kB)
- COUNTER Usage Reporting - FAQ
eBook experience in other institutions has shown that loading MARC records into OPACs is one of the largest usage drivers. Therefore we strongly recommend you to load MARC records into your catalog.
Springer offers two options for MARC records:
1. Free Springer MARC records. Springer provides free MARC 21 records in UTF-8 format. As said below you will be contacted by the Springer MARC team to provide you with an initial batch of records, to get you started right away.
2. All Springer eBook customers can download OCLC MARC records for Springer eBooks, through OCLC Worldcat, free of charge. You can obtain MARC records through OCLC’s WorldCat Collection sets, or through the OCLC connexion client.
To obtain a list of the OCLC control numbers you can visit our dedicated website: springer.com/marc or contact the Springer MARC team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Springer publications including eBooks, Online Journals and References are contained in 13 Subject Collections. Users can browse a certain collection for an overview of titles available online.
- Behavioral Sciences
- Biomedical & Life Sciences
- Business & Economics
- Chemistry & Material Science
- Computer Science
- Earth & Environmental Science
- Humanities, Social Science & Law
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Physics & Astronomy
- Professional and Applied Computing
Springer provides alert services to keep you up-to-date with the latest developments in Springer’s eProducts:
MARC update: You will receive a notification when new MARC records are available as well as notifications about any changes in the Springer eBook program, which require an update of your catalog.
SpringerAlerts for Librarians – keeps you up-to-date with eBooks, journals, electronic media and reference works.
Feel free to contact email@example.com if you have any questions on promoting the product at your library, customer events or online training sessions.
Find your local Springer sales representative or product expert by clicking the link below.