Welcome to zbMATH
The most complete and longest running reviewing service in mathematics.
Over 3.3 million indexed entries.
zbMATH, well-known under its former name Zentralblatt MATH, contains more than 3.3 million entries drawn from more than 3,000 current journals and serials and 170,000 books, with coverage across mathematics, statistics, computer sciences and the applications of these disciplines in engineering, physics, and the life sciences. Reviews are currently written by more than 7,000 experts from all over the world, and around 120,000 new items were added in 2012. It covers the period from 1868 - in some cases from 1826 - to the present.
This database is edited by
- FIZ Karlsruhe
- The European Mathematical Society
- Heidelberg Academy of Sciences
- Over 3.3 million publication records from more than 3,000 current journals and serials, and 170,000 books, from 1868 to the present
- New content daily, with about 120,000 additions per year
- Rigorous editorial process where all entries are semantically enriched with appropriate MSC 2010 codes and keywords
- Independent reviews contributed by 7,000 global expert mathematicians, supplementing the majority of records in core mathematics areas
- Direct links to open repositories and digital libraries like arXiv.org, EuDML, Numdam
- Author name disambiguation and author profiles with information on the publication record, scientific networks and publication topics
- Display and cross-linking of several million references highlighting citation relations between records
- Integrated MathML (Mathematics Markup Language) that enables the immediate display of mathematical equations and formulae
- Semantic enrichment of the data and addition of complementary facets such as mathematical software
Benefits for librarians
- Offer your researchers the world’s most complete database in mathematics, containing reviews and abstracts from the 19th century to to the present.
- Be confident that your data will always be up-to-date, as content is uploaded daily.
- Benefit from increased exposure to all mathematical content you subscribed to, as search results within zbMATH will link to your other full text resources, for example, SpringerLink.
- Your patrons can quickly check access to the full text via OpenURL/SFX functionality.
- Use the profile information, e.g. the journal profiles, for your own decision making processes.
- 24/7 access for an unlimited number of simultaneous users. No limitations on the content.
Benefits for mathematicans
- Always rely on zbMATH for the latest search results, as content items are uploaded daily.
- Search results are comprehensive, with items categorized by MSC codes, keywords, etc.
- Refine your search with intuitive filters and logical operators, and formulate complex search queries with ease.
- Quick, accurate and complete equation formatting of complex formulae is facilitated by the integrated MathML or MathJax font rendering system.
- Navigate to the source material to view further information and full texts, if available to you.
- Find aggregated information on authors and their networks. View research trends and publication histories on authors and research topics.
- Benefit from the extraction of additional useful information like mathematical software.
Selected subject areas
- Logic and foundations
- Number theory
- Algebraic and complex geometry
- Lie theory and generalizations
- Functional analysis and applications
- Dynamical systems and ordinary differential equations
- Partial differential equations
- Mathematical physics
- Probability and statistics
- Mathematical aspects of computer science
- Numerical analysis and scientific computing
- Control theory and optimization
- Mathematics in science and technology
- Mathematics education and popularization of mathematics
- History of mathematics
License models and availability
- License Models
Unlimited simultaneous access to zbMATH is available based on a calendar year. Subscription includes an optional annual backup CD-ROM. Pricing is based on the size of the institution.
- Usage Statistics
Free detailed statistics in COUNTER format are available for subscribers upon request.
- Ordering and Fulfillment Information
Please contact your local Springer representative or send an email to