Managing copyright – The "MyPublication" process
For the majority of Springer’s journals we have established an online process called MyPublication. It guarantees the most efficient journal production. Once an article has been accepted, the corresponding author is guided through this workflow to stay informed and easily manage all administrative tasks of the publishing process.
While the manuscript files are handed over to production for data processing and typesetting, you (being the corresponding author) will stay in touch with us through MyPublication. There you will be asked whether you wish to:
- Publish your article open access with Springer’s Open Choice option (if the journal is not a fully open access one).
- Transfer the copyright of your article (if you don’t publish open access).
- Order printing of figures in color.
- Order paid offprints in addition to your free (electronic) offprint.
A short while after completing the MyPublication questionnaires, you will receive the article’s proofs.
Description of the process
The MyPublication process begins when your accepted article is scheduled for production. You will receive an email notification from Springer that provides you with a link to the MyPublication pages.
When activating the MyPublication process, you will either be directly logged in to your existing springer.com account, or an account will be created for you. The account is necessary for the article’s publication process. In case we create the account for you, you will receive an additional email with your first login data.
- On the first MyPublication page select the name of the university/ institute you are affiliated with. If your institute is not listed in the dropdown menu, please choose “custom” and enter the name of the institute/university.
- On the second page, choose whether you want Open Choice or standard transfer of copyright. For more information about Open Choice please click on www.springer.com/openchoice .
- If you don’t want to opt for Open Choice, please select “I don’t want Open Choice” and proceed to the next stage: “Copyright Transfer Statement.”
- Please read the terms and conditions carefully on this page, and once you have done so, select “I agree” or “I am not allowed.”
- On the next page, please specify your preferences for offprints and color figures.
- Fill out your complete shipping address.
- On the last page, please confirm your order by checking the box for “terms and conditions” and clicking on “Send order.”
Once this step has been completed, your order will be processed and your article will go into production. You will receive a confirmation email for your order (and, if you selected this option, also for the Copyright Transfer Statement).
Springer journals copyright transfer statement
Here you can read our Copyright Transfer Statement (CTS) for (non-Open Access) journal articles. You will be asked to sign the CTS online during the MyPublication process.
How to access the MyPublication pages
There are two ways of getting access to MyPublication:
1) Access through the email notification
If your article is accepted, it is scheduled for production and you will receive an email notification from Springer. Please click the link in this email to access the MyPublication pages.
Please note there is a deadline! This link will expire after 7 days!
You will receive a first reminder after 3 days and a second one after another 2 days. If you were not able to pass the process in time, the whole process will be started again, until your copyright and all necessary information for publication are transferred.
2) Logging in on MY SPRINGER to use MyPublication
You can also access the MyPublication process via your personal MY SPRINGER account. Click on MY SPRINGER in the top navigation bar of this page to log in.
If you do not remember your login, please use our password forgotten feature. If your account was automatically generated, user name always equals your email address. With this two bits of information the system will send you your password.
- On your personal MY SPRINGER page you will find a button “Article Tracking”.
- Click and you will see “MyPublication – your input is needed” as long as the process is not yet finished.
- Clicking the button will bring you to the start page of the process.
When activating the MyPublication process, you will either be logged in or an account on springer.com will be created for you. In this case you will receive an additional email with your login data.
Detailed guidance for MyPublication
You will find helpful information directly on the MyPublication pages, in the FAQ or may consult our Author Helpdesk