World Teachers' Day
The United Nations' (UN) World Teachers' Day celebrates the role teachers play in providing quality education at all levels. This enables children and adults of all ages to learn to take part in and contribute to their local community and global society.
Springer participates the celebration through offering a selection of our top research articles and top downloaded book chapters. Free trial access to the Springer articles and book chapters listed below are available until the end of October. All SpringerOpen books and articles are open access and therefore freely available online.
We invite all to help spread the message that investing in teachers is key. Join the conversation #worldteachersday #HSSresearch
World Teachers Day
Most Downloaded Book Chapters - FREE ACCESS TRIAL until Oct 31!
This section includes the most downloaded books in 2015 and 2016 based on information from Bookmetrix.
- The Dialogue Between Emerging Pedagogies and Emerging Technologies
- Transforming Professional Practice in Numeracy Teaching
- A Framework for Teachable Collaborative Problem Solving Skills
- Educational Data Mining and Learning Analytics
- Serving a Different Master: Assessing College Educational Quality for the Public
- The Combination of Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods in Mathematics Education: A “Mixed Methods” Study on the Development of the Professional Knowledge of Teachers
- Attitudes, Interest and Factors Influencing STEM Enrolment Behaviour: An Overview of Relevant Literature
- Introduction: Do We Need to Speak About Science?
- Peer Mentoring and Tutoring in Higher Education
- The More Things Change, the More (Some) Things Stay the Same
- Redefining Internationalization at Home (a chapter from an open access book)
- Gates, Gaps, and Intergenerational Mobility: The Importance of an Even Start (a chapter from an open access book)
- The Netherlands: Focus on Excellence, Honors Programs All Around (a chapter from an open access book)
- Research Assessment in the Humanities: Introduction (a chapter from an open access book)
Featured Special Issues: FREE ACCESS TRIAL UNTIL OCT 31!
This section includes the recent special issues. Click here to see all Special Issues in Education.
Special Issue: Mathematics Teachers as Partners in Task Design (From Journal of Mathematics Teacher Education)
Special Issue: Technology as Inquiry Teaching Partner (From Journal of Science Teacher)
Special Issue: Values Education in Nordic Preschools: Theory and Practice (From International Journal of Early Childhood)
Article Highlights - FREE ACCESS TRIAL UNTIL OCT 31!
- The Concept of Teacher–Student/Student–Teacher in Higher Education Trends
- Preschool Teachers’ Financial Well-Being and Work Time Supports: Associations with Children’s Emotional Expressions and Behaviors in Classrooms
- The Effectiveness of a Brief Asthma Education Intervention for Child Care Providers and Primary School Teachers
- Not Just Talk, But a “Dance”! How Kindergarten Teachers Opened and Closed Spaces for Teacher–Child Authentic Dialogue
- Improving Preservice Teachers’ Expression in Read-Alouds
- Using Systematic Classroom Observation to Explore Student Engagement as a Function of Teachers’ Developmentally Appropriate Instructional Practices (DAIP) in Ethnically Diverse Pre-kindergarten Through Second-Grade Classrooms
- Factors affecting teachers’ continuation of technology use in teaching
- Characterisation of teachers’ use of computers and Internet inside and outside the classroom: The need to focus on the quality
- Research of technical knowledge and creativity development of children in pre-primary education through interactive whiteboard
- Seeing the system: Dynamics and complexity of technology integration in secondary schools
- Virtual schools: The changing landscape of K-12 education in the U.S.
- Full Day Early Learning Kindergarten Program Team: Perspectives from the Principal
- The student, the private and the professional role: Students’ social media use
- Role and Success of Finnish Early Childhood Education and Care in Supporting Child Welfare Clients: Perspectives from Parents and Professionals (an open access article)
- Investigating the learning challenges presented by digital technologies to the College of Education in Kuwait University
- Multilingual Affordances in a Swedish Preschool: An Action Research Project
- Virtual learning: Possibilities and realization
- Counselors, Information, and High School College-Going Culture: Inequalities in the College Application Process
- Berkeley or Bust? Estimating the Causal Effect of College Selectivity on Bachelor’s Degree Completion
- Life Happens (Outside of College): Non-College Life-Events and Students’ Likelihood of Graduation