LZ Volume 8 Issue 4, Services/Tools/Marketing
Springer eProducts update
Springer has worked hard this year to bring you the most authoritative resources available. We have expanded and enhanced our eproducts which now include:
Springer Book Archives
We began 2013 with the launch of the Springer Book Archives. At launch, the database contained approximately 37,000 titles. Now, we are pleased to say that by the end of 2013 there will be 110,000 titles available through the collection! This includes:
- Around 56,000 English language titles, the majority of which date from the post-war research boom, are now available as a whole package or in 11 subject collections
- Around 54,000 German language titles, of both significant historic and recent interest, are available as a whole package or in 5 subject collections
SBA will continue to grow as more titles are added through 2014 and we will keep you informed of progress!
SpringerMaterials has also been updated, with the addition of four new Landolt-Börnstein volumes:
- I/21C: Accelerators and Colliders, edited by H. Schopper
- II/20C1a: Non-linear Triatomic Molecules, edited by G. Guelachvili
- III/27i6b: Tectosilicates, Part 2, edited by E. Burzo
- VIII/6D3: Polymer Solutions: Equilibria of Ternary Polymer Solutions, edited by M. D. Lechner
The Adsorption database has now been updated to include more than 1,000 isotherms with adsorption data from approximately 60 adsorbates and 160 adsorbents.
The Adis Portfolio is growing!
The Adis portfolio of drug focused medical journals will be expanding in 2014 with the addition of 13 established titles, comprising the Springer Healthcare Rapid Publication Journals including Advances in Therapy, and two Springer titles: the European Journal of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics and Targeted Oncology.
To find out more about our titles, download the new Adis Journals and Newsletters Overview brochure
SpringerPlus has passed major milestone!
SpringerPlus has passed an important milestone as it has published more than 1,000 submissions! First launched in January of 2012, SpringerPlus is a peer-reviewed, open access journal with a broad interdisciplinary approach covering all areas of science, technology, engineering, medicine, the humanities and social sciences. Earlier in the year, the journal was indexed by PubMed Central and Scopus®, providing authors with maximum exposure for their research. Its fast and transparent publication process is just one of its outstanding qualities, plus, as an OA journal published under the liberal Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) license, SpringerPlus allows authors to easily comply with their funders’ open access mandates. For more information, visit springerplus.com.
Reference Works in 2013
Springer References are multi-volume encyclopedias, handbooks, dictionaries, and atlases on specific subjects written by experts and aimed at researchers and scientists. They represent works of tertiary literature, containing digested and established knowledge presented in an easily accessible format. Together they form a huge web of knowledge. In 2013, more reference works were added to the list of titles including authoritative works such as:
- The Prokaryotes, 4e. Prokaryotic Biology and Symbiotic Associations
- Encyclopedia of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
- Strasburger's Plant Sciences
- Planets, Stars and Stellar Systems
- Encyclopedia of Creativity, Invention, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Please visit www.springer.com/references for more information.
New! Informative Video Guides on Downloading MARC Records
It's been proven that libraries using MARC records have seen their Springer eBook usage boosted by as much as 50%! If your library has not yet implemented MARC records for your Springer eBook package, our newly created new video shorts provide information to help you. Including an overview of MARC records, benefits and characteristics and tips and best practice advice, these videos will help your technical staff to load records for your collection. You can see the videos, or get more information about Springer eproducts, ebooks and ejournals.