Massive Open Online Courses
A successful new online teaching and learning environment
Springer is pleased to support MOOC instructors, books authors, registered MOOC students, Academies and Societies providing MOOCs by offering a dedicated approach.
Let us show you how partnering with Springer can benefit you
- Springer offers coupons to registered MOOC students in order to purchase specific e-books and/or print books and, upon request, any Springer related content at a discounted rate. Dedicated links to the full e-book/s and print book/s have to be created; the discount will expire once the MOOC has ended.
- Please contact your Springer Publishing Editor before the launch of the MOOC. Details will be then defined directly between Springer and the university.
- The content used within the MOOC can be accessed through an access-controlled URL. Springer contents may also be available for the duration of a course with or via other providers and on other platforms.
Additional benefits for licensed universities
- If the content used in the MOOC is licensed to the university organizing it, please also consider the following:
- The MyCopy option is available for students who already have access to the content on SpringerLink:
- Instructors can use certain content published by Springer and licensed to the university: chapter/s, journal article/s within the MOOC and for the duration of the MOOC, provided that those materials can only be viewed and neither copied nor directly printed.
Students and Authors both benefit
Benefits for MOOC students
Springer also extends access to those parts of the content used in the MOOC to students not affiliated with the university, but registered for the MOOC.
Benefits for authors
Thinking of a book for a MOOC? Interested in bringing together years of research and reading into a work specifically made for your MOOC students? Looking to publish a new edition or an adapted version of your Springer book? Make your work and your Springer book available to a larger audience with an interesting combined offer.
For new ideas and any MOOC-related questions, please get in touch with a publishing editor in your subject area to discuss your proposal and get answers to your questions. They will be happy to provide you with feedback and advice about how to proceed.
We look forward to working with you!