This book provides advanced analytics and decision management techniques and tools for developing sustainable competitive advantages in the studied target context. In order to achieve sustainable economy, “the capacity to endure,” it is essential to understand and study the mechanisms for interactions and impact from and among these perspectives.
The volume is organized in four broad sections: an introduction by the Editor; Mechanism Design Techniques for Sustainability; Sustainability Mechanism and Analysis; and Sustainability Cases. Among the techniques discussed are Multi-Criteria Decision Making; Six Sigma Methodology; Supply Chain Evolution for Sustainability Focused Firms and more. The Case Study section shows these techniques and methods at work in a sustainable lake in Italy, a sustainable farm in India, sustainable practices in software design and more.
Mechanism Design for Sustainability: Techniques and Cases presents innovative concepts, theories and models, design methods and case studies and experience sharing in mechanism design to drive better decision making.
1. Introduction to Sustainability Mechanisms
II Mechanism Design Techniques for Sustainability
2. Multi-Criteria Decision Making: A Mechanism Design Technique for Sustainability
3. Mechanism Design for Allocation of Carbon Emission Reduction Units: A Study of Global Companies with Strategic Divisions and Partners
4. Six Sigma Methodology for Sustainability: A Study on the Environment Sustainable Development
5. Soft TQM for Sustainability: An Empirical Study on Indian Cement industry and its Impact on Organizational Performance
III Sustainability Mechanism and Analysis
6. An Energy Optimization Framework for Sustainability Analysis: Inclusion of Behavioral Parameters as a Virtual Technology in Energy Optimization Models
7. Supply Chain Evolution for Sustainability Focused Firms: Content Analysis towards Socially and Environmentally Friendliness
8. Community Participation Mechanism: A Study of Youth Voices in Conservations’ Green Leaf Marketplace
9. The “ECOLOGICAL” Stock: “A Financial Market Instrument for Global Scale Climate Change Mitigation”
IV Sustainability Cases
10. Sustainable Lake: A Case Study of Trasimeno Lake
11. Sustainable Farm: A Case Study of a Small Farm from Pali, India
12. Sustainable City: A Case Study of Stormwater Management in Economically Developed Urban Catchments
13. Sustainable Software: A Study of Software Product Sustainable Development
14. Sustainability Policy: A Case Study of the Limits to Biofuel Sustainability Policy