2014, VIII, 278 p. 152 illus., 97 illus. in color.
Springer eBooks may be purchased by end-customers only and are sold without copy protection (DRM free). Instead, all eBooks include personalized watermarks. This means you can read the Springer eBooks across numerous devices such as Laptops, eReaders, and tablets.
You can pay for Springer eBooks with Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal.
After the purchase you can directly download the eBook file or read it online in our Springer eBook Reader. Furthermore your eBook will be stored in your MySpringer account. So you can always re-download your eBooks.
Presents the latest environmental research horizons, including the use of grid/cloud computing technology in the environmental field, the use of biotechnology, and sustainable energy
Few books currently exist that cover such a wide spectrum of topics, making this an essential text
Structured to allow the user rapid access to the subject of interest
This book’s aim is to bring together, in one volume, state-of-the-art information on a number of current environmental issues and challenges.
· The chapters dealing with air pollution from mobile sources, air pollution and health effects, and air quality modelling fall into the air pollution category.
· Chapters related to microalgae for carbon dioxide sequestration/biofuels production, fuel cells, and solar energy technology, respectively, can be ascribed to the energy topic.
· Several technologies to handle a wide spectrum of environmental pollutants are taken into account in the corresponding chapters: self-propagating high-temperature reactions, catabolic plasmids biodegradation, dust removal, glyphosate biodegradation, bioleaching, and probiotic bacteria for water sanitation.
· The chapter on biodiversity is clearly related to the conservation issue, while the water pollution subject is tackled by the chapter on water quality monitoring.
· Environmental management is considered with a general analysis on green business, as well as a chapter on using grid/cloud computing technology for collaborative problem solving and shared resources management.
Each chapter is stand-alone to allow the user rapid access to the subject of interest. Few books currently exist that cover such a wide spectrum of topics. For this reason it is intended as a text for graduate courses in environmental science and engineering, as well as for reference by researchers and practitioners interested in the latest developments in the environmental field.
Content Level »Graduate
Keywords »Air Pollution - Biofuels Production - Biotechnologies - Environmental Issues - Green business - Grid/Cloud Computing in Environmental Science - Solar Energy Technology - Water Pollution