Prof. Subir Kumar Saha, a 1983 mechanical engineering graduate from the RE College (Now NIT), Durgapur, India, completed his M. Tech from IIT Kharagpur, India, and Ph. D from McGill University, Canada. Upon completion of his Ph. D, he joined Toshiba Corporation’s R " & " D Center in Japan. After 4-years of work experience in Japan, he has been with IIT Delhi since 1996.
He is actively engaged in teaching, research, and technology development. Prof. Saha was awarded the Humboldt Fellowship in 1999 by the AvH Foundation, Germany, and the Naren Gupta Chair Professorship at IIT Delhi in 2010. He has been also a visiting faculty in Canada, Australia, and Italy. Prof. Saha has written several books. A text book on “Introduction to Robotics” published by McGraw-Hill in India and Singapore was also translated in Mexican Spanish. He has also written three course booklets on “Robotics” for IGNOU, New Delhi. He has more than 150 research publications in reputed journals/conference proceedings, and delivered more than 125 invited/keynote lectures.
Prof. Saha’s two special interests are: 1) innovative research by converting rural problems into research topics, which he persuades through a lecture series called MuDRA or Multibody Dynamics for Rural Applications (delivered 25 times since 2007), and his book on “Dynamics and Balancing of Multibody Systems” published by Springer, Germany; and
2) an innovative teaching methodology, which is persuaded through another lecture series called RoCK-BEE or Robotic Competition Based Education in Engineering (delivered 39 times since 2007) and a book on the same name published by www.pothi.com.
Dr. S.K. Saha
Naren Gupta Chair Professor
(Also, Technical Editor of IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics) Dept. of Mech. Eng., IIT Delhi, Hauz Khas New Delhi 110 016, INDIA
Tel: (011)2659 1135; Fax: (011)2658 2053
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org http://web.iitd.ac.in/~saha ...........................Activities.....................................
* RoCK-BEE (fun Learning): pothi.com/pothi/book/manish-chauhan-rock-bee
* Introduction to Robotics: www.mhhe.com/saha/robotics
* Dynamics and Balancing of Multibody Systems:
- Software (easy way to learn robotics): www.roboanalyzer.com
- Helping Robocon Students: www.roboconhelp.com OTHER INTERESTS: