Springer eBooks may be purchased by end-customers only and are sold without copy protection (DRM free). Instead, all eBooks include personalized watermarks. This means you can read the Springer eBooks across numerous devices such as Laptops, eReaders, and tablets.
You can pay for Springer eBooks with Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal.
After the purchase you can directly download the eBook file or read it online in our Springer eBook Reader. Furthermore your eBook will be stored in your MySpringer account. So you can always re-download your eBooks.
Problems in the motion control of aircraft are of perennial interest to the control engineer as they tend to be of complex and nonlinear nature.
Modelling and Control of Mini-Flying Machines is an exposition of models developed for various types of mini-aircraft:
• planar Vertical Take-off and Landing aircraft;
• quadrotor mini-rotorcraft;
• other fixed-wing aircraft;
For each of these it propounds:
• detailed models derived from Euler-Lagrange methods;
• appropriate nonlinear control strategies and convergence properties;
• real-time experimental comparisons of the performance of control algorithms;
• review of the principal sensors, on-board electronics, real-time architecture and communications systems for mini-flying machine control, including discussion of their performance;
• detailed explanation of the use of the Kalman filter to flying machine localization.
To researchers and students in nonlinear control and its applications Modelling and Control of Mini-Flying Machines provides valuable insights to the application of real-time nonlinear techniques in an always challenging area.
Advances in Industrial Control aims to report and encourage the transfer of technology in control engineering. The rapid development of control technology has an impact on all areas of the control discipline. The series offers an opportunity for researchers to present an extended exposition of new work in all aspects of industrial control.
Content Level »Research
Keywords »Aerospace Engineering - Control - Control Applications - Control Engineering - Control Theory - Helicopters - Kalman Filtering - Lyapunov Analysis - Nonlinear Control - Performance - Sensor - algorithms - microcontroller