Brogliato, B., Lozano, R., Maschke, B., Egeland, O.
2nd ed. 2007, XIV, 579 p.
Springer eBooks may be purchased by end-customers only and are sold without copy protection (DRM free). Instead, all eBooks include personalized watermarks. This means you can read the Springer eBooks across numerous devices such as Laptops, eReaders, and tablets.
You can pay for Springer eBooks with Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal.
After the purchase you can directly download the eBook file or read it online in our Springer eBook Reader. Furthermore your eBook will be stored in your MySpringer account. So you can always re-download your eBooks.
Dissipative Systems Analysis and Control (second edition) presents a fully revised and expanded treatment of dissipative systems theory, constituting a self-contained, advanced introduction for graduate students, researchers and practising engineers. It examines linear and nonlinear systems with examples of both in each chapter; some infinite-dimensional examples are also included. Throughout, emphasis is placed on the use of the dissipative properties of a system for the design of stable feedback control laws. The theory is substantiated by experimental results and by reference to its application in illustrative physical cases (Lagrangian and Hamiltonian systems and passivity-based and adaptive controllers are covered thoroughly).
The second edition is substantially reorganized both to accommodate new material and to enhance its pedagogical properties. Some of the changes introduced are:
• Complete proofs of the main theorems and lemmas.
• The Kalman–Yakubovich–Popov Lemma for non-minimal realizations, singular systems, and discrete-time systems (linear and nonlinear).
• Passivity of nonsmooth systems (differential inclusions, variational inequalities, Lagrangian systems with complementarity conditions).
• Sections on optimal control and H-infinity theory.
• An enlarged bibliography with more than 550 references, and an augmented index with more than 500 entries.
• An improved appendix with introductions to viscosity solutions, Riccati equations and some useful matrix algebra.
Praise for the first edition:
…an extensive exposition of both the mathematics, physics motivation and control applications of passivity and dissipativity… the richness of a very impressive inventory of illustrating examples stands out as a point of excellence…
…an excellent reference for graduate students, engineers and researchers.
International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing
Content Level »Research
Keywords »Adaptive Control - Control Engineering - Control Theory - Dissipation - Dissipative Systems - Feedback Control - Hamiltonian Systems - Kalman-Yakubovich-Popov Lemma - Optimal control - Positive Real Systems - Thermodynamics - Vibration - robot - robotics - stability