In submitting a research article ('article') to a SpringerOpen journal authors are requested to certify that:
1. They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
2. They warrant, on behalf of themselves and their co-authors, that:
a) the article is original, has not been formally published in any other peer-reviewed journal, is not under consideration by any other journal and does not infringe any existing copyright or any other third party rights;
b) they are the sole author(s) of the article and have full authority to enter into this agreement and in granting rights to SpringerOpen are not in breach of any other obligation. If the law requires that the article be published in the public domain, they will notify SpringerOpen at the time of submission upon which clauses 3 through 6 inclusive do not apply;
c) the article contains nothing that is unlawful, libellous, or which would, if published, constitute a breach of contract or of confidence or of commitment given to secrecy;
d) they have taken due care to ensure the integrity of the article. To their - and currently accepted scientific - knowledge all statements contained in it purporting to be facts are true and any formula or instruction contained in the article will not, if followed accurately, cause any injury, illness or damage to the user.
And they agree to publish under the Creative Commons Attribution License Agreement, through which they retain the copyright to their article.Brief summary of the agreementAnyone is free:
- to copy, distribute, and transmit the work;
- to adapt the work;
- to make commercial use of the work;
Under the following condition: Attribution
- the original author must be given credit;
- for any reuse or distribution, it must be made clear to others what the license terms of this work are;
Any of these conditions can be waived if the author gives permission.Statutory fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.
- Creative Commons Attribution License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/