The purpose of this journal is to report original research of scholarly value in computational engineering and sciences that involve and enrich the applications of mechanics, mathematics, and numerical methods. The scope of the research reported includes new methods and computationally-challenging technologies in:
- solid and structural mechanics, including inelastic and finite deformation;
- fluid mechanics and fluid-structure interactions, biomechanics, free-surface and two-fluid flows, and aerodynamics;
- biomechanics and mechanics in medicine;
- fracture mechanics and structural integrity;
- multiscale mechanics, particle and meshfree methods;
- nanomechanics and nanomaterials.
Manuscripts reporting results obtained with established methods, unless they involve challenging computations, are not encouraged.