Springer eBooks may be purchased by end-customers only and are sold without copy protection (DRM free). Instead, all eBooks include personalized watermarks. This means you can read the Springer eBooks across numerous devices such as Laptops, eReaders, and tablets.
You can pay for Springer eBooks with Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal.
After the purchase you can directly download the eBook file or read it online in our Springer eBook Reader. Furthermore your eBook will be stored in your MySpringer account. So you can always re-download your eBooks.
The constructs of the language are taught within the context of large case studies such as discrete event simulation
Includes quizzes that explore unusual rules of the language
Ada is the programming language of choice for high integrity software systems and is used extensively in industries such as transportation and aerospace. This textbook is intended for experienced programmers (advanced students and practicing software engineers) who need to master software design and programming in Ada. Special features of the book include:
• The constructs of the language are taught within the context of large case studies such as a discrete event simulation.
• Object-oriented programming, concurrency, and embedded and real-time systems are emphasized.
• Ada for Software Engineers explains the language concepts and the terminology of the standards document, the Ada Reference Manual (ARM).
• Extracts from the ARM are used throughtout and there are extensive cross references to the ARM. A comprehensive glossary and quizzes assist the reader in developing the ability to use the ARM as a practical reference.
• Comparisons with familiar languages like C and Java are given to facilitate the transition to Ada.
• The features of Ada 2005 are used routinely, but they are carefully identified, so that programmers using Ada 95 will also find the textbook useful.
• The companion website contains the full source code of nearly 100 case studies and 100 technical quizzes.
Content Level »Research
Keywords »Ada - Ada 95 - Java - Text - data structures - inheritance - object-oriented programming - programming - programming language
The Language for a Complex World.- First Steps in Ada.- Subprograms.- Arrays.- Elementary Data Structures.- Packages and Abstract Data Types.- Type Extension and Inheritance.- Type Extension and Inheritance (Continued).- Generics.- Exceptions and Run-Time Checks.- Composite Types.- Access Types.- Numeric Types.- Input–Output.- Program Structure.- Containers.- Interfaces and Multiple Inheritance.- Concurrency.- Concurrency (Continued).- Systems Programming.- Real-Time Systems.- Distributed and High Integrity Systems.