Springer eBooks may be purchased by end-customers only and are sold without copy protection (DRM free). Instead, all eBooks include personalized watermarks. This means you can read the Springer eBooks across numerous devices such as Laptops, eReaders, and tablets.
You can pay for Springer eBooks with Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal.
After the purchase you can directly download the eBook file or read it online in our Springer eBook Reader. Furthermore your eBook will be stored in your MySpringer account. So you can always re-download your eBooks.
Based on the material and accessible style of the successful, An Integrated Approach to Software Engineering, this textbook is written specifically for undergraduates
Offers a solid foundation to this broad-ranging discipline, focusing on the essential elements to execute a software project successfully
Uses a case study approach taking the reader through the life cycle of applying the concepts to practice
Software engineering is an integral part of studies in computer science and consequently foundational knowledge is critical to all students in the field. This text focuses on the essential elements, providing readers with the basic skills and introductory knowledge required to execute a software project successfully.
Following the winning formula and easy-to read style of the author’s previous An Integrated Approach to Software Engineering, this reader-friendly text is written specifically for undergraduates as an introduction to this broad-ranging discipline. With a strong emphasis on practice, this textbook takes a step-by-step approach whereby the key tasks involved in a project are discussed through the course of the book, illustrating the different activities involved in software development.
Features and topics:
• Discusses core concepts and techniques in an introductory easy-to-follow approach
• Offers a solid foundation to this wide-ranging topic
• Focuses only on the essential elements required to complete a software project effectively
• Takes the reader through the project life cycle - applying concepts to practice
• Teaches the skills needed to execute a small commercial project
• Provides the necessary conceptual background for further study in software engineering
• Concentrates on the two key tasks: Engineering and project management
• Each chapter covers one of the key tasks involved in a project
• Includes helpful learning tools such as chapter introductions, chapter goals and self-assessment exercises
• Teaching support (such as chapter slides, templates and a case study) and supplemental resources are available via http://www.cse.iitd.ac.in/~jalote/ConciseIntroToSE
• Presents practical methods and notations for performing given tasks within each chapter
Designed for undergraduates and bolstered with numerous examples, this text imparts to the reader the fundamental knowledge, skills, practices and techniques within software engineering. It will also be helpful for professionals who know programming but want to be introduced to the formal systematic approach of software engineering.