4OR, a quarterly journal jointly published by the Belgian, French and Italian Operations Research Societies, publishes high quality papers on the theory and applications of Operations Research. 4OR is distributed to all individual members of the participating societies. The journal consists of several sections.
- "Invited Survey" section. This section is limited to one paper per issue, and consists of "state-of-the-art surveys" written by prominent researchers.
- "Research papers" section. This section is the core of the journal. The aim is to publish good quality papers within a short period of time, allowing OR researchers to communicate results in a fast and efficient way. This implies that:
1) short papers (around 12 pages - as printed) will undergo a very quick processing;
2) only electronic submissions in LaTeX or Word (with precise style files) are acceptable;
3) all the refereeing process is handled by e-mail;
4) "major revisions" are equivalent to rejections;
5) minor revisions must be resubmitted within a short period of time.
- "Industry" section. This section offers a means of communication between OR practitioners and academics. Papers published in this section can consist of case studies, state-of-art papers on the use of OR techniques in industry, open industrial problems.
- Educational papers. Papers in this section give a new look and/or comments on existing knowledge, aimed at improving the quality of OR teaching, while also being accessible and interesting to a wider audience.
- A PhD section publishes selected abstracts of recent PhD Theses.
Officially cited as: 4OR-Q J Oper Res