Springer eBooks may be purchased by end-customers only and are sold without copy protection (DRM free). Instead, all eBooks include personalized watermarks. This means you can read the Springer eBooks across numerous devices such as Laptops, eReaders, and tablets.
You can pay for Springer eBooks with Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal.
After the purchase you can directly download the eBook file or read it online in our Springer eBook Reader. Furthermore your eBook will be stored in your MySpringer account. So you can always re-download your eBooks.
This pioneering book deals specifically with the visualization of the Second-Generation Web. Now in its second edition it has been completely revised and updated, and includes extensive new material. It focuses on key topics including:
• Visualization of semantic and structural information and metadata in the context of the emerging Semantic Web
• Ontology-based information visualization and the use of graphically represented ontologies
• Semantic visualizations using topic maps and graph techniques
• Web Services, e-commerce and web search applications
• Recommender systems for filtering and recommending on the Semantic Web
• SVG and X3D as new XML-based languages for 2D and 3D visualisations
• Methods used to construct and visualize high quality metadata and ontologies
• Navigating and exploring XML documents using interactive multimedia interfaces
• The use of semantic association networks as well as social networks on the Second-Generation Web
• Semantically enhanced solutions for the medical community
• Semantic-oriented use of existing visualization methods
The design of visual interfaces for e-commerce and information retrieval is currently a challenging area of practical web development. Most of the techniques and methods discussed can be applied now, making this book essential reading for web developers and end users as well as visualisation researchers.
Content Level »Research
Keywords »E-Commerce - HTML - Internet - Resource Description Framework (RDF) - SVG - Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) - XML - information visualization - multimedia - recommender system - semantic web - techniques - visualization - web development - web services
Semantic, Visual, and Technological Facets of the Second-Generation Web.- The Concept and Architecture of the Semantic Web.- Information Visualization and the Semantic Web.- Ontology-Based Information Visualization: Toward Semantic Web Applications.- Topic Maps, RDF Graphs, and Ontologies Visualization.- Web Services: Description, Interfaces, and Ontology.- Recommender Systems for the Web.- SVG and X3D: New XML Technologies for 2D and 3D Visualization.- Visual Techniques and Applications for the Semantic Web.- Using Graphically Represented Ontologies for Searching Content on the Semantic Web.- Adapting Graph Visualization Techniques for the Visualization of RDF Data.- Spring-Embedded Graphs for Semantic Visualization.- Semantic Association Networks: Using Semantic Web Technology to Improve Scholarly Knowledge and Expertise Management.- Interactive Interfaces for Mapping E-Commerce Ontologies.- Back Pain Data Collection Using Scalable Vector Graphics and Geographical Information Systems.- Social Network Analysis on the Semantic Web: Techniques and Challenges for Visualizing FOAF.- Concluding Remarks: Today’s Vision of Envisioning the Semantic Future.