This book is the perfect introduction for anyone wanting to create sophisticated Windows 8 apps for the first time.
Assuming only a basic knowledge of HTML and CSS we'll walk you through the development process using C# and VB. The book will familiarize you with the tools you'll need to use in order to make the most of Windows' stunning new features. You'll discover how to take advantage of the built-in functionality to create high quality user experiences.
1. Introduction to Windows 8.1
2. Windows Runtime Environment
3. Designing the User Experience
4. Choose Your Way
5. Managing the Application Life Cycle
6. Start Up Your App
7. Take Advantage of the Environment
8. Data Management
9. Listening to the World
10. Accessibility and Globalization
11. Sell Your App
12. Live Tile and Toast Templates
13. Windows Store Developer Account