New link for Editorial Manager™ reviewing tool: http://www.edmgr.com/agnt/
The official journal of the International Foundation for Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (IFAAMAS).
This journal has a policy of working towards timely reviews of submitted manuscripts. Our average time to decision on a manuscript is under 3 months from the date of submission.
Thanks to our partnership with IFAAMAS, original research articles accepted at JAAMAS in the 12 month period preceding each year's AAMAS conference notification date are eligible for presentation at AAMAS. These articles have the option to publish an extended abstract (maximum two pages) in the AAMAS proceedings. The article must be original and not previously published as a full paper in an archival conference. For full details, please see the current AAMAS conference site.
Official journal of the International Foundation for Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems.
Covers the foundations, theory, development, analysis, and applications of autonomous agents and multi-agent systems.
Presents comprehensive reviews and authoritative tutorials of research and practice in agent systems.
This is the official journal of the International Foundation for Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems. It provides a leading forum for disseminating significant original research results in the foundations, theory, development, analysis, and applications of autonomous agents and multi-agent systems. Coverage in Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems includes, but is not limited to:
- Agent decision-making architectures and their evaluation, including: cognitive models; knowledge representation; logics for agency; ontological reasoning; planning (single and multi-agent); reasoning (single and multi-agent)
- Cooperation and teamwork, including: distributed problem solving; human-robot/agent interaction; multi-user/multi-virtual-agent interaction; coalition formation; coordination
- Agent communication languages, including: their semantics, pragmatics, and implementation; agent communication protocols and conversations; agent commitments; speech act theory
- Ontologies for agent systems, agents and the semantic web, agents and semantic web services, Grid-based systems, and service-oriented computing
- Agent societies and societal issues, including: artificial social systems; environments, organizations and institutions; ethical and legal issues; privacy, safety and security; trust, reliability and reputation
- Agent-based system development, including: agent development techniques, tools and environments; agent programming languages; agent specification or validation languages
- Agent-based simulation, including: emergent behavior; participatory simulation; simulation techniques, tools and environments; social simulation
- Agreement technologies, including: argumentation; collective decision making; judgment aggregation and belief merging; negotiation; norms
- Economic paradigms, including: auction and mechanism design; bargaining and negotiation; economically-motivated agents; game theory (cooperative and non-cooperative); social choice and voting
- Learning agents, including: computational architectures for learning agents; evolution, adaptation; multi-agent learning.
- Robotic agents, including: integrated perception, cognition, and action; cognitive robotics; robot planning (including action and motion planning); multi-robot systems.
- Virtual agents, including: agents in games and virtual environments; companion and coaching agents; modeling personality, emotions; multimodal interaction; verbal and non-verbal expressiveness
- Significant, novel applications of agent technology
- Comprehensive reviews and authoritative tutorials of research and practice in agent systems
- Comprehensive and authoritative reviews of books dealing with agents and multi-agent systems.
Related subjects »
Impact Factor: 1.417 (2015) *
Journal Citation Reports®, Thomson Reuters
Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch), Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition, SCOPUS, INSPEC, Google Scholar, EBSCO Discovery Service, Academic OneFile, ACM Digital Library, Computer Science Index, CSA Environmental Sciences, Current Contents/Engineering, Computing and Technology, DBLP, EI-Compendex, Gale, io-port.net, OCLC, PASCAL, SCImago, Summon by ProQuest