A pioneer of open access publishing, BMC has an evolving portfolio of high quality peer-reviewed journals including broad interest titles such as BMC Biology and BMC Medicine, specialist journals such as Malaria Journal and Microbiome, and the BMC series. At BMC, research is always in progress. We are committed to continual innovation to better support the needs of our communities, ensuring the integrity of the research we publish, and championing the benefits of open research. BMC is part of Springer Nature.
We want to make the publishing with us as easy as possible for you and are here to help at every step: From pre-submission inquiries, quick publication upon acceptance to maximum visibility on publication, we aim to accelerate discovery of your research.
Tools to help you
- Find the most relevant open access journal for your research using our journal selector tool
- Let us help you prepare your next manuscript with our author academy
- Enter your corrections easily our new interactive eProofing tool
- 24/7 customer services and local language support in Mandarin and Japanese
- High visibility thanks to unrestricted online access
- Easy compliance with open access mandates as all articles are CC BY licensed
- Retaining the copyright to your work
- Re-use and immediate deposit of final article version in any repository
- Citation tracking and inclusion in all major bibliographic databases
BioMed Central's additional services
The BioMed Central blog network brings together news, opinion, and perspectives from our staff, our journal Editors, and many guest bloggers.
- ISRCTN registry - Search, register and share clinical trial information
Open access membership program
Together with SpringerOpen we offer an open access membership program, which enables academic and research institutions, societies and funders to actively support open access by removing some or all of the financial cost (APC) from the individual author.
Authors at Member institutions can publish their work in any SpringerOpen and BioMed Central journal at a reduced rate or even no cost at all, and are entitled to a 15% discount on the publication fee when they publish a SpringerOpen book.
We currently have over 500 institutional open access membership agreements in more than 50 countries. Visit the BioMed Central website to find out whether your institution is a member.
If your institution is not an open access member, visit our open access funding page to find out how the open access publication charge can be covered.