In a move that will expand its open access offering, Springer Science+Business Media (Springer) has acquired twelve journals from Hindawi Publishing Corporation in an asset deal. The journals include seven titles published in cooperation with the European Association for Signal Processing, four mathematics journals and one in medicine. For a complete list of the journals, see below.
The takeover of the twelve journals is scheduled for the end of March 2011. Hindawi will continue to publish approximately 200 other open access journals.
This acquisition links complementary publishing programs and gives new momentum to both SpringerOpen and BioMed Central, Springer’s open access publishing units.
“This transaction is a further indication of the vibrant ecosystem for open access publishing that exists today," said Ahmed Hindawi, co-founder and CEO of Hindawi. “I am very pleased that with the ongoing development of our open access publishing program, these twelve journals have found an excellent new home with Springer and I am confident they will continue along their current path of prosperity.”
Wim van der Stelt, Springer’s EVP for Corporate Strategy, said: “We are pleased to be able to expand our open access offering with these twelve titles, and look forward to a smooth transition to Springer so that the journals can continue to grow and flourish.”
List of journal titles acquired by Springer from Hindawi (9 March 2011):
- EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing (ASP)
- EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking (WCN)
- EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing (IVP)
- EURASIP Journal on Embedded Systems (ES)
- EURASIP Journal on Audio, Speech, and Music Processing (ASMP)
- EURASIP Journal on Bioinformatics and Systems Biology (BSB)
- EURASIP Journal on Information Security (IS)
- Journal of Inequalities and Applications (JIA)
- Fixed-Point Theory and Applications (FPTA)
- Boundary Value Problems (BVP)
- Advances in Difference Equations (ADE)
- International Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology (IJPE)