Springer Asia Limited, Beijing Representative Office
Reports to Editorial Director of Statistics/Biomathematics (Global Publishing Unit of Mathematics/Business & Economics/Human Sciences), based in Beijing
• Actively build up author/editor/reviewer network among scientific community
• Keep abreast of the latest development of responsible subject areas, focus on emerging or hot topics as well as interdisciplinary researches.
• Plan, acquire and manage Editorial Projects with Chinese authors/editors directly or in cooperation with Chinese partners.
• Editorial Projects include journals, books, proceedings and electronic products
• Be responsible for the quality of the Editorial Projects, including metadata, academic content, language, layout, etc.
• Work closely with the Editorial Director Statistics/Biomathematics and editors in the GPU by subject disciplines to achieve the targets assigned by the company.
• Help present Springer’s overall statistics program and related fields at conference exhibits in China.
• Master degree, ideally PhD, in any quantitative science, like Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Business/Finance, or related subjects preferably acquired in a foreign country.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• First class presentation skills, fluent written and spoken English.
• Ready to travel within China.
• Strong organizational skills, detail orientation, and capability of handling multiple priorities.
• High motivation with a sense of self-discipline and entrepreneurial interests.
• Previous working experience in international STM publishing industry helpful.
• Experience of living / working in a foreign country outside China.
• Proven mastery of Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
Potential candidates who meet our requirements may apply with a cover letter and full resume in both English and Chinese stating your current and expected salaries, availability and contact details to email@example.com. Please quote the Job Ref #130227-EAEST-SGCN under your email subject.