The successful candidate will:
• Build knowledge of the field and the communities that the journals serve, to seek out development opportunities, translating them into actions to maintain a competitive advantage. This will involve engaging with senior scientists and obtaining their advice.
• Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with academic Editors, Editorial Boards, society executives and other key organisations in the field, with the aim of building BioMed Central’s reputation and attracting submissions.
• Support the management of the journals, for example responding to Editor enquiries and handling contract renewals
• Ensure journals are promoted through all relevant avenues including representing the company at scientific conferences when required
• Work to launch new journals where relevant
• Liaise with other internal departments to plan and implement tasks
• Assist the Journal Development Manager by conducting reports, analysis, etc.