Springer Asia Limited, Beijing Representative Office
Report to the Production Manager, Beijing
All functions and duties assigned are to be carried out in professional manner and must be in line with the company policies and image.
Purpose of the Job
Assisting Production Manager to realize the publication scheme within the set global strategy, and according to set time, quality and cost effective standards by managing regular production work independently (may with an emphasis on some products).
Main Result Areas
• For all forms of products assigned (may with an emphasis on some products)
o Achieve the production of budgeted content according to set time, quality and cost effective standards
o Ensure smooth production process in efficient and effective way, finding escalation when necessary
o Ensure Publishing, authors and co-publishers are fully fledged with necessary production information and get timely and satisfactory help and service when needed
o Ensure good relationship with and smooth communication and processes between the operational levels of all kinds of partners, including but not limited to vendors, authors, co-publishers, and Publishing.
o Ensure communication regarding, necessary adaptations and implementation of and optionally improvement to (global and local) production procedures, protocols and documentation for the production department in close cooperation with other parties (vendors, authors etc).
o Ensure Production Manager (and peers, if any and when necessary) informed of the status of running matters, partners’ performance, and overall work
o Provide assistance to Production Manager in other work areas not mentioned above in the local production team
• Academic or equivalent level
• Minimum of 1 year of working experience
• Good command of spoken and written English
• Detail oriented, conscientious, team player
• Skills in Indesign and LaTex is prefered
• Good communication skills
• Ability to focus on details
• Execution ability
• Ability to identify problems and proactively approach them
• Ability to initiate and incorporate improvements to regular work
• Ability to deal with different kinds of people
Apply for this Position:
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
* This Job Description focuses on larger outline instead of the nitty-gritty.